Monday, March 29, 2010

Wrong Turn

When I left New Jersey I thought that I was leaving all the craziness of odd traffic patterns, poorly planned parking lots, and trolls that guarded Philly. I mean tolls.

I was wrong. Very Wrong. The roads here are on a totally different level. (Crazy quick on and off ramps and speed limits of 70).  Everything is highway and most of the highways have roads that run beside them. The catch is.... Highways have tolls.
In New Jersey a Fast Pass would speed things up instead of having to use change... here there isnt even a place for change! If you dont have a pass they photo your car and send you a bill. Fortunately I'm borrowing a car with a different address--- totally kidding!

Yesterday I went out to try to check out a 7pm church service on Walnut hill street. Unfortunately, I typed in Walnut Street Dallas.
As I drove my manly intimidating car through the slums of South Dallas, I realized, I might as well be in a golf cart. So as soon as I saw what looked to be a drug deal, I spun around and got out of there quick. I then calmly put in the Right address.

When my Garmin led me to the right address I found myself on an unpaved road leading off into the distance surrounded by trees....

Two Strikes were enough for me.. I gave up, Went Home and Ate Dinner.

3 comments:

  1. Make sure when you kick, Romo points you in the right direction...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connor, you had me laughing out loud! You are hilarious in your descriptions of what happens. Have you ever thought of being a comedy writer? I enjoy hearing about these events in your life. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is crazy...but it's good to hear you're doing well! I'm praying for you and this adjustment to you're new "home"! Haha

    ReplyDelete