Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Facing the music

The Chorus of George Michael's "Faith"---- cus I gotta have faith, faith, faith...
is on repeat playing in my head today. Though I don't know the rest of the lyrics, I am pretty sure they wouldn't apply to my situation.

After a strong showing here playing in Dallas through OTA's and Mini-camps getting bigger and stronger and even kicking off well, Coach Phillips released me today.  He said I did well but it was a numbers thing for training camp. 

I am left a bit disappointed as I felt I was in a good position to play this year, but I have faith that God is both protecting and providing for me through all of this.   I'm extremely thankful for the opportunity to come here and train at Valley Ranch with one of the premier teams in the NFL.  I was blessed to get to know some great guys that play and coach there and wish them all the best for the upcoming season.

As for me, I will be heading back to stay in Cherry Hill NJ, where I am excited to rejoin my amazing Church, Sovereign Grace in their new building.  I am also praying that a job will be around the corner for me as I try to keep in shape in any case of a future call from the NFL.

I am up in the air as to whether or not to continue to blog.. I guess I could still offer some entertainment value for you all and perhaps some humor about some day to day stuff.

Stay Tuned if you'd like, one thing I have learned...
        You don't have to be a professional athlete to have an interesting life!
                   or funny thoughts.

A few helpful verses
1 Thes 5:16-18
Prov 16:9

But more importantly
Rom 5:8  is more giving of joy that the other to me.
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us!

See yall in NJ

2 comments:

  1. great blog and thoughs Conor... it will be great to have you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did your best, you stood the test, now God will do the rest.

    ReplyDelete