Friday, July 2, 2010

Back In NJ

Well, I guess its official, I am back in NJ.
Yes, I have been here since last tuesday, so make it around 10 days, however, I had not yet unpacked everything until today making this the first official "back in NJ day" to me.

Though it was a bit shocking to be released I am excited to be back at my church home in New Jersey -- South not North. No, there aren't black jeans, gold chains, and a ton of greased up hair here, that's the other state that's known as New Jersey... up North. You know, people like the Fonz from Happy Days...
  
(Is that Jeff Boettcher???)


Being back in the place that has been my home for the past two years is pretty comforting, I have so many great friends and of course my girlfriend here that were difficult being away in the D. I know what you are thinking... why New Jersey.. Isn't that the armpit of the world.. or at least the US.

Well, I thought the same way for the majority of my life. In fact, I even went so far as to say aloud once, or maybe a few times, "I will never live in New Jersey." I also said, I would never play NFL Europe or AFL - both of which I have now done. (Proverb 16:9)

South Jersey is actually a nice little place regardless of what your preconceived notions may be. Its a short little skip into Philadelphia (10 minutes) and less than an hour to the shore (where you can swim in the masses of people on the sand and boardwalk).  Though it may lose some of its appeal to those who are fans of "The Jersey Shore TV Show," that's not how it is around here.

So in summary, I am glad to be back and thankful, so thankful to the church in which I owe for so much support, friendship, and growth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment