Monday, May 10, 2010

Weddings and Wolves

What a weekend! (and this is the condensed version)
On Thursday I flew out of Texas back to NJ with hopes of arriving at 4:50 pm and having a night of relaxing before driving to Va for my friend Preston's wedding. Since I flew standby nothing was guaranteed but that it would be cheaper than a regular fare.
After being passed up for 4 flights I had to reroute and fly into Newark. Thanks to Bekah and Mr Buchan picking me up, i had that opportunity or else I would have hit the hay in Atlanta's Terminal B for the night. I am pretty sure I could have made a sweet pallet out of my bag and boxer shorts to sleep on.
Instead, we made it to Dinner by 10pm joined by the rest of the Buchans and Ben-jammin Davis.

Bekah and I hit the road for Williamsburg Friday morning even though my tux didnt fit.. (somebody's gained some weight while being away). We made it just in time for the dress rehearsal.

Saturday Morning (the only non-travel day) we drove to Newport News to pick up the newly arrived tux with Mom, Brock and Carlin. My mom was in paradise having two girls for the weekend -- i hear she has been deprived for the past 20 some years!

The wedding was great. Somehow the girls were victorious against the 30 mph winds which battled to un-weave hair and blow up dresses. The only real point for the wind was as the bride left... her 8 or 10 foot veil close-lining her entire side of the Wedding.
The reception afterwards was a blast catching up with a bunch of past friends and dancing to "the cupid shuffle" and "you've lost that loving feeling" (in truth i did more shouting than moving to that song).

Sunday after Mother's day breakfast at Astronomical Pancake House ( I had an omelet and Bekah's french toast) we drove back to NJ hung out on the couch with Benny D and Robcat for an hour and then to the airport for the return flight and a goodbye.

I was so wiped from the weekend I fell asleep before the plane even took off, slept an hour, waking up only for the drink cart for some OJ, and then back to sleep until the plane thudded against the ground to land.

In my sleepy stupor I drove Van's truck back to my place instead of his to get my car... turned around then and drove to his place and on the way WE SAW WOLVES right near where people live... crazy! we howled at them, they ran, then went to his place. I wish the story ended there, but as I got in my car I found out it wouldn't start.... again. V drove me to a CVS I bought some Jumper cables and then finally 30 minutes later I was back in my room.

What a great, but exhausting weekend. Time to sleep

Ps. check out michael bleecker on grooveshark for some good christian music
if you have time.

1 comment:

  1. nice fun when u got back huh? oh well, life throws curves, fastballs, knuckleballs, and change ups...way to roll with the punches!

    ReplyDelete