Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Green Hornet Strikes

There were some interesting events that occurred this weekend in the green hornet.

For those of you who don't know the green hornet, please refer to the rest of my blog and you will see amazing pictures of the green convertible that I am driving now.

2 Stories
1.  I haven't been locking my car much although I do have some valuable stuff (my Ipod, some gift cards, and a gps)  in there that could be stolen.  But I bought some Jelly Belly's this past weekend for 1.69 and left them in the passenger seat.... I locked the doors...... and put the windows up

2. On Sunday, today, I was driving to one of my coaches houses and while mesmerized at the size of one of the houses, I notice that a cop was driving the other direction.. he turned around QUICK.
I pulled over into the neighborhood where I was going and when asked if i was talking on the cell phone, which is forbidden in that area (and I wasnt) I explained that I was distracted and shocked at the size of one of the houses, and also that I was looking for my coaches house.
He took my license and registration.. once I found it in the borrowed car.
I thought to myself that I was fine with getting a ticket, though I didnt speed on purpose, I was guilty because I broke that law even though I didnt know what the law was in that circumstance... I hadnt seen a speed limit though it was properly posted.

He came back up to the car and told me to have a nice day... and "enjoy the Shane and Shane cd!"

He didn't give me a ticket.... I thanked God for a christian officer who had mercy on me the guilty. He recognized Shane and Shane by the voices in the background from my radio - only something a Christian would notice.
What a great example of the grace and mercy that God affords to those who repent and believe.  Though guilty, Christians shall not be condemned or incarcerated -- but instead of an officer we have Christ to thank - the ultimate judge and the payer of our penalty.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment