Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pizza Pizza

   There are a few characters that come to mind when you think of the ability of elusiveness...
Speedy Gonzalez, Jerry the mouse (from Tom and Jerry), the Roadrunner, and even the Wascawwy  Wabbit that Elmer Fudd never caught,  but I never would have thought that the Pizza Mascot of Little Caesar would be quite so sneaky.

It all started on Tuesday in the Training room.  I was waiting to meet the Chiropractor when my friend Steve decided to wait by running to Dominoes...
Still starving as he returned, my heart leaped with jealousy as Steve told me he had pizza for lunch. 
In that moment myy craving for Little Caesar's 5 dollar hot and ready pizza was born.

I don't know where my craving for this pizza came, Little Caesar's was a "go to" when I was a kid, but it was ripped from my life when it closed at Ewell Station and we had to make a move elsewhere for our Pizza Needs.
 


Well, on Tuesday Night I was coming back late from golfing, but remembered just in time to put Little Caesar's in to my GPS.... 2 came up close to being the nearest me.. I had to make a call. I went for O'Connor blvd....
15 minutes later I pulled up to an empty building.. 
               There was no hot and ready... none. I immediately hit my GPS for the next one....
                            it was...... too far away

I would have to pack in in for the night and settle for some VOILA out of the package - a life saver.

Wednesday night crept up on me quick and still I hadnt staked out my next Little Caesar's.  Again I remembered as I was in my car to hit my GPS to try the other close one.... 15 minutes later I was pulling up to another empty lot. At least this one still had the remains of their old roman sign.... I was getting closer.. Tracking this Little Caesar wasn't going to be the easiest thing I had ever done, but I could smell success, and pizza.

In desperation I hit my GPS one more time --- BINGO -- there was another target less than 2 miles away. I had a good feeling this time... you know, like that feeling where you just might cry if it doesn't work out again. 

10 minutes later I triumphantly walked into a real, working Little Caesar's Pizza place.
I had bagged the Caesar and all of his cheesy goodness after all... and only 6.01 for a pizza that was already hot and ready, waiting just for me.

I hope this is an encouragement to all of you out there who have a dream, any dream.  Chase it like a Little Caesar.... I did.

4 comments: