Sunday, April 18, 2010

Paperroute and Penske

       It's always a great night when you get surprised by a best friend from the past... Add another and you have two best friends from the past on the SAME night.

Well to be honest I had some knowledge my buddy Mark Hodo Miller Jr, former UVA linebacker and now Pit Crew member for Penske Racing (Nascar and Nationwide Series), but it looked like he was going to be in and out in one day with no visiting.

Gavin McDonald, once starring drummer of Christian Youth Sensation "Anchor" and now drummer for "Paperroute" (touring with Owl City) called me Saturday Morning asking if I wanted to come to his show that night...

It was shaping up to be a pretty sweet day...
I was pumped about going to see Pepto at the Concert when I found out that the Race had been rained out and now Mark was free for the Night.... One quick call and BLAM.. two all access passes to see Paperroute and Owl City.  (Even though I have to be honest.. I had no idea who Owl City was... something about fireflies).

Paperroute











Me and Mark pulled up to Nokia Theater in Grand Prairie, Texas after eating Pizza with the rest of his crew and the first obstacle of the night... Parking = 15 dollars and I had only had 4 in cash.
Collateral was my license.. too bad when I got to the window I needed an ID to get my tickets.
Minor delay though, I whipped out my college ID and things happened.


Paperroute was nasty.. if you get a chance, check them out.. http://www.paperrouteonline.com/absence/
After the Show we had our second dilemma.  According to the security guard, our all access passes didnt get us down the stairs, we needed... a wristband! He said we could get one from the band managers etc..

We asked what is this pass good for? He said, "Well, you can go backstage."

So we could go backstage, but we couldnt go stand down in front of the band while they played.....
                           that makes NO SENSE... we didnt want to go down there anyway Mr Security Guard.


We hung out with Gavin for a while and helped him pack up his sticks and then Mark went back out to see Owl City and I got to take Pepto out to grab some food.

It was an awesome night of catching up with good friends..
     i found out that Gavin is getting married.... May 29th --- Congrats buddy.

Oh and if your the inquisitive and discerning type...  I did remember to go back and get my driver's license though it took me a few trips around the Arena in the rain.  I just kept forgetting that I parked back with the buses after getting food.


Good night with Great Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment